The Dragonfly Project

Is it really possible to build a home-based business without bugging family and friends, cold calling, or going in debt buying leads and advertising the business?

The answer is a resounding YES! And The Dragonfly Project is going to show you exactly how.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

MBA Goes On Line...

This is a true story about a friend of mine who's been very interested in my online business.

I'm sure you've all been there, too. Your family and friends think you must be crazy trying to create an income from all those "get rich quick" and money making "scams" on the internet.

In all honesty, you can't blame them for their concern. For the most part... they are correct.

Well, my MBA friend with her healthy curiosity about any successful business has been after me to explain how I am able to make a living at what I do. The problem was that she really did not know what I do, much less how I do it.

So I after a little hesitation and a couple cups of coffee, I decided to try and explain.

"I show people how to build their on line business."

She said, "OK... so you are an online consultant. Do you get paid by the hour, or by a set fee?"

The consultant description is one I had not thought of before, but I went along. It fits and I kind of liked it. But explaining how I get paid?

"No, I don't charge by the hour and I don't charge any fees."

She thought that I was crazy... (she might be right).

I then proceeded to explain how that any off line business needs customers, right? "Right." And any off line business has to have something to sell in order to make any money, right? "Right." And unless the business is located on a busy street with a lot of people passing by and looking in the window, it probably has to advertise in order to get people into the store, right? "Right."

She was with me so far.

Then I told her about advertising on the internet using free traffic from Traffic Exchanges to attract other people into an online store.

My MBA friend knew a little more than I realized about internet traffic, sales pages, and conversions. She even knew "all about" traffic exchanges and that they "simply do not work" because the traffic is not targeted.

"Traffic Exchanges are full of inexperienced people who know little about business and marketing, trying to market anything to make buck off each other. Most people are wasting their time," she said.

"You are absolutely correct."

"And that is where you market, Traffic Exchanges."

"Yes"

"And that's how you are making all this money?"

"Yes"

"From Traffic Exchanges?"

I think she was starting to get it... "Yes."

"But I thought you agreed that marketing in a Traffic Exchange was a waste of time."

"I never said that. I only agreed that most people simply do not know HOW to market in a free Traffic Exchange and they are wasting their time."

"Yet you market in the same exchanges."

"Yes"

"How do you get your customers?"

"By offering a free Traffic Report that will help them understand the problem they are facing and provide the best solution available. I teach them how easy it is to create much more traffic with less work, and how to get the attention of other Traffic Exchange surfers in order to generate leads for their business. I teach them how to get paid while they are doing all of that by selling a very informative eBook."

"Oh, so you sell books?"

"Yes"

"Must be a LOT of books!"

"A few."

"How many?"

"It depends on how much traffic I generate and how well I get their attention, but about one or two out of every ten of the people who read my free Traffic Report also buy the book."

"That's pretty good! You must be a good salesman!"

"Not really. I don't have a professional website with fancy graphics or killer sales copy. I just tell it like it is. The book is something they want and need. For just five bucks they are learning about all of the hype and lies that they are exposed to daily while surfing through the exchanges. Some of them have lost thousands of dollars to online pyramids schemes and other programs designed to take their money. It could have been prevented by reading this book for just five bucks.

"Some of my customers just want to read the book, so they buy it. Other customers want to put into practice what I teach in my report and make book sales of their own while they build their own business.

"It's really just people helping other people. It's spreading like a virus."

"So you are making all your money selling books?"

"Well obviously it's not just book sales, but that is where it all starts. The rest of the income is 'stacked' on top of the book sales."

To make a long story short, she wholeheartedly endorsed my system as a solid business model. In fact, she is on board with her own traffic exchange marketing and already generating a solid profit.

The last time we saw each other... she bought the coffee.

If you have not read my new Traffic Report, now is the time to explore the possibility of success for yourself. Learn how to use Traffic Exchanges the right way, apply what you learn, and be amazed at the difference!

Happy Surfing,
Scott